You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S.producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. The Northern California and Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is currently seeking a Production Operator III with a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver License (CDL) to join our Sparks, NV branch operations team. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for checking and filling all compressed gas and cryogenic cylinders in a safe and professional manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Inspect and fill empty cylinders and medical vans with pure gases in compliance with Airgas, FDA, CGA, and other written policies.
- Test product filled per FDA, Airgas, and other written policies.
- Maintain proper stock levels to ensure complete shipments.
- Keep work area clean and free of unneeded cylinders and equipment.
- Promote safety and all other company policies at all times.
- Maintain equipment and communicate requests to Plant Manager in writing.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
- Maintain appropriate Commercial Driver License (CDL).
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Class A or B Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat and Airbrake endorsements.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours); frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers needs and management expectations.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from -10 to 110 degrees.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).Qualifications:
- One year experience working with compressed gases and cylinders.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.