At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Industrial Business Group located in Indianapolis, IN. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator
will be responsible for following established manufacturing and quality procedures. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self and others
- Work from written and verbal instructions to produce customer parts on time
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of work area
- Set up and operation of assigned equipment that may require a variety of adjustments
- Analyzing and troubleshooting machine or in-process product problems
- Interacting with support groups and provide feedback to improve/maintain machine performance
- Working overtime as needed (depending on business demands)
- Weekend work as needed (depending on business demands)
- Working a fixed 2nd shift (2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. ) or 3rd shift (10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.), depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum one (1) year of machine operation experience
- Forklift and hoist operation experience
- Experience in SAP and PLC
- Skilled in problem solving and willingness to work in a teamwork environment
- Basic Computer & Math Skills
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Indianapolis. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Indianapolis for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.