At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
Job Description 3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Irvine Oral Care Solutions Division located in Irvine, CA. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator
will perform work requiring some specialized knowledge involving its application to work areas. Such duties include: setting up and operating machines or processes requiring a variety of adjustments; knowledge of a process to make necessary decisions and adjustments when required; using a variety of instruments and/or adjustable measuring devices requiring interpretation; using simple formulas, drawings, etc.; writing specialized reports based on observations and judgment; preparing detailed production reports; operating manual mobile equipment as a primary duty where knowledge is necessary to service a number of units or areas where some record-keeping may be involved.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates all equipment for multiple departments
- Sets up all equipment
- Makes necessary equipment adjustments
- Operates and cleans Inkjet printer and provides care for the Inkjet heads
- Performs various mechanical tasks in the operation of all equipment
- Cleans and maintains all department equipment and physical facilities in accordance with product standards
- Becomes certified in job performance
- Knows and uses good safety practices and takes ownership of running a safe operation
- Performs general housekeeping duties and specific cleaning of equipment and work area
- Takes initiative to help out when required or needed with total production operation and performs other duties as requested
This position may require:
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform semi-repetitive tasks
- Monitors and documents high vapor content solvent used for cleaning Inkjet heads
- Makes production report and gathers own production materials from warehouse and focused areas
- Credits back production materials as needed and submits production reports
- Performs operator's performance maintenance
- Performs visual inspection of products to maintain proper quality
- Conducts in-process testing and inspection, and documents results
- Operates manual and power lifting equipment to lift/move heavy object(s)
- Follows written and verbal instructions. Reads, writes legibly, understands and communicates in English
- Performs other duties as required
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Working either a first, second or third shift depending on shift availability
- Lifting 10 - 50 lbs. or more
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of six (6) months manufacturing experience
- Experience in medical or dental manufacturing environment
: Irvine, CARelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process
You are applying for a Production Operator position at 3M Irvine, CA. Qualified applications will be considered when openings occur at 3M Irvine, CA for up to six months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.