Arconic, Inc. has many exciting opportunities in various disciplines and at various locations world-wide. This position is based within Global Rolled Products (GRP), which is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Arconic's rolling operations around the world with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, and Russia. As suppliers to the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, building and construction, industrial, and packaging and consumer goods markets, our high-quality materials are the foundation for many products that touch everyday life.
We are currently seeking a Production Operator for our San Antonio facility. The operator will be responsible for the production of material to specification requirements, in addition to being responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment. The operator must function in a variety of duties as assigned by the Crew Leader. The operator must also show by example a commitment to environmental health and safety and to continuous improvement.
Additional Task Required:
• Follow all EHS Policies and Procedures
• Perform Lock/Out Tag/Out (LOTO)
• Must be able to use the necessary measuring tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicators, Comparator, Gages,
etc) as required
• Must have good communication skills and be self-motivated
• Production of material meeting specification requirements
• Set-up and operation of assigned equipment
• Participate in achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets
• Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks
• Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner according to 5-S principles.
• Prepare daily production reports and forms
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards
• Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the
Alcoa Guide to Business Conduct
• Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to lean manufacturing principles and techniques
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work a rotating shift, Week Ends, Holidays, as well as overtime when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use stairs and ladders; use hands and arms to reach, handle or manipulate equipment or materials, climb in and out of equipment and confined spaces. Ability to use hand tools. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to work within extreme cold/hot temperatures. Ability to pass a physical for use of a respirator and/or driving mobile equipment. Job requires annual or random drug screenings.Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and understand production documents such as SOP, work instructions, and quality standards.
- Self Motivated with little to no Supervision required.
- Ability to perform accurate arithmetic calculations.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
- Operation of Overhead Cranes.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mobile equipment experience as Fork Trucks, Scissor Lifts, etc.