At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary
: The person hired for the position of Production Operator will have Primary Responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require working:
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Follow operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Work effectively within a production work team and collaborate with other teams
- Contribute to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in area and help maintain and promote safe conditions
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Take appropriate action when unusual conditions occur
- Use hand and power trucks
- Use computers as needed to run process operation
- Monitor other operations and works cooperatively with others
This position may require working:
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. assisted and/or unassisted
- Either a second or third shift depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess an Associate's degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Minimum five (5) combined years of plant and/or manufacturing experience
- Minimum one (1) year of previous manufacturing, production, shipping, warehouse, maintenance, construction and/or agriculture experience
- Basic computer skills
- Understand and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills
: Knoxville, IowaRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Knoxville. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Knoxville for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.