At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will manufacture ceramic components by preparing tools, hot pressing, mixing, foiling and cleaning various types of compositions. Maintain condition of equipment and process to safely produce quality products and meet customer delivery requirements.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:This position may require:
- Participate in all safety and regulatory training needed to fulfill the duties of the position
- All employees must be respirator trained for Organic Vapor and airborne particulates
- Follow all plant safety rules and regulations; wear PPE as required per procedures for specific situations (face shields, gloves, hearing protection, and fire retardant clothing where required)
- Continual improvement toward the vision of zero incidents
- Prepare graphite tools for use
- Move equipment and materials using a 15 ton capacity overhead crane and forklift
- Perform general die building operations
- Load/unload molds in/from the hot presses using an overhead bridge crane
- Operate induction equipment to heat hot presses
- Disassemble molds and part columns
- Operate industrial cleaning machines to clean ceramic parts
- Maintain temperatures, pressures, etc. as defined and required by standard procedures and make adjustments as required to maintain the desired/required parameters
- Ensure that all data values are operating within procedure limits. Notify Lead or Supervisor when out of specification
- Clean and maintain tooling
- Constantly observe equipment for proper functioning, as well as parts being produced for visual defects. Make corrections as required, or get Process Engineering involved in the solution to the problems
- Maintain communication in regards to product quality with other operators and QC
- Keep Team Lead/Shift Supervisor informed of items such as maintenance requirements, equipment failures or breakdowns, shortages of materials, unsafe conditions of equipment, suggestions on operational improvements and any deviations from standards
- Maintain Hot Press Run Logs
- Complete all forms and checklists as required
- Provide accurate data collection on all forms and systems
- Perform on-line Quality Control testing and accurately record process results in a timely manner
- Clean operating area and equipment. Complete extensive housekeeping assignments and perform extensive housekeeping tasks in all areas (e.g., sweeping, vacuuming, and shoveling up dirt and debris off the floors of the production area)
- Learn and participate in 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma projects
- Assist Process Engineering in problem solving
- Work in a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional manner. Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Core Values
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designate
- Working overtime
- Working holidays as needed
- Working a fixed 8- or 12-hour shift depending on shift availability
- Short notice call in
- Respirator use due to the high exposure to dust particulates and organic vapors
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. unassisted as needed
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in a production role at a manufacturing facility
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing Principles
- 5S program experience
- Quality experience
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Lexington. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Lexington for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.