At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Health Care Business Group Located in Monrovia, CA. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator
will perform simple inspections and/or manual tasks such as staging, rework, tack weld, pasting, inking, heat sealing, tumbling, loading, unloading, clip assembly, packaging, or use of hand or bench tools at a steady pace. Use simple judgment to comply with standards. Operate manual, semi-auto bench-top machinery or equipment with minimal set-up duties required. Make simple changes on repetitive jobs involving such activities as recognition and selection of visual defects. Identify equipment malfunction and reports problems to management. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Operate manual or semi-auto equipment, perform task such as staging, rework, tack weld, pasting, inking, heat sealing, tumbling, loading, unloading, clip assembly, packaging, or use of hand or bench tools at a steady pace
- Cross train and able to perform task and inspections as indicated on the QC Responsibility Matrix
- Perform tasks and simple inspection raw material and/or parts produced complying with MOD and specification requirements. Separates defective parts and report to management
- Separate defective parts and report to management
- Follow orders of required inspection logs and reports
- Follow all department and corporate procedures regarding safety, quality, environmental, and regulatory, etc.
- Perform essential functions of the position as described in the Functional Job Analysis
- Use of computer systems (Camstar, Laserfiche) as appropriate within department perform job functions
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required by supervision
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Working any shift available, including, but not limited to, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or rotating shifts, depending on shift availability
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Assisting in basic training of co-workers on an as-needed basis
- Frequent physical demands, including:
- Repetitive motion of arms/hands
- Prolonged Standing, Bend/Twist/Stoop
- Overhead Work/Reach about shoulder level
- Lifting/Carrying 11-50 lbs. assisted and/or unassisted
- Operate or work near moving machinery
- Color and visual perception
- Noise/Hearing conservation area
- Possess a High School diploma/GED or higher
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience using precision measuring instruments
- Good reading, writing and oral communication skills
- Basic math and computer skills
Location: Monrovia, CA
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
You are applying for a Production Operation position at 3M Monrovia. Qualified applications will be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Monrovia for up to six months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.