At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Operator for the 3M Purification Inc. located in Eagan, Minnesota. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will operate production equipment and processes in accordance with safety and operating standards, to produce quality products. Continuously works to improve safety, quality, customer service and productivity. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Maintains a safe working environment, observing all plant and company rules
- A ssists with the safe start-up and changeover of production machines
- Operates equipment per production specifications and operating standards
- Performs process control functions using assigned equipment to meet quality assurance standards
- Performs work in accordance with documented process and procedures
- Opens boxes, empties components onto line, and prepares parts for assembly
- Manually assembles parts, following specific work instructions
- Moves material or boxes around the work area using a hand pallet jack as needed
- Packages assembled materials
- Labels parts per specifications
- Periodically checks equipment/parts for quality processing
- Communicates safety, quality, and equipment issues to supervisor and/or line lead
- Employee may generate or handle hazardous waste
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervision
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working a fixed 3rd shift (10:00pm - 6:00am)
- Lift up to 32 pounds regularly and up to 55 pounds occasionally (assisted)
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Effective communication skills along with the ability to read, speak and understand both oral and written instructions
- Demonstrates high level of attentiveness and common sense during machine operation
- Ability to critically observe work process and machine operations to identify potential problems, shut down machine as needed, perform minor repairs and adjustments as needed
- Ability to understand and follow intricate safety practices on production machinery
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team, sharing and rotating responsibilities, getting along with co-workers and assisting one another as needed
- Hear and speak to communicate with production staff and supervisors, with or without a translator
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms
- Regularly stand for long periods of time
- Perform bending, stretching and reaching related to the manufacturing process
- Perform repetitive operations on the assembly line, using hands, hand tools or portable power tools
: Eagan, MinnesotaRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Eagn, MN. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Eagan, MN for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.