At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Production Team Member for the Electronics and Energy Business Group located in Angleton, TX. Here, we go!Job Summary:
3M Angleton values its customers, employees and the surrounding community. Operating with integrity in all facets of our operation, we strive for manufacturing excellence and continuously look for opportunities to improve the quality of our products, reduce cost and actively engage employees. The Angleton plant produces powdered resins for corrosion protection purposes and operates within the Energy and Electronics business of 3M Corporation.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The position of Production Team Member will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following specific duties:
- A strong commitment to a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work behaviors and making safe decisions related to tasks performed. This includes maintaining neat and orderly conditions in work areas, and operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Making powdered resin products according to procedures that meet or exceed customer expectations by operating automated equipment and machinery, using analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively within a business work team setting. This includes maintaining a flexible and cooperative attitude toward business fluctuations and customer requests
- Responsive and engaged in problem solving and root cause discussions
- Understand and apply lean manufacturing principals and support continuous improvement
- Collect, communicate and accurately report a variety of business-related data using electronic methods including computers (databases, email, and business-specific systems) and PLC (touch screen controls)
- Operate powered and manual industrial vehicles, powered and manual tools and powered and manual equipment
- Wear personal protection equipment and other clothing items or uniforms as required.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
This position will require:
- Working rotating shifts
- Holidays as needed
This position may require Working:
- short notice shift coverage
- 3 years of plant and/or manufacturing experience
- Possess an Associate's degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Previous manufacturing, construction, mechanical and/or agricultural experience
- Basic computer knowledge
- Understand and follow both oral and written instructions
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills
: Angleton, TXTravel:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
You are applying for Production Operator position at 3M Angleton. Qualified applications will be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Angleton for up to six months after the posting of this requisition.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.