At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Operator for the 3M Separation and Purification Sciences Division located in Eagan, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will operate production equipment and processes in accordance with safety and operating standards, to produce quality products. Continuously works to improve safety, quality, customer service and productivity.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position may require:
- Maintains a safe working environment, observing all plant and company rules
- Assists with the safe start-up and changeover of production machines
- Operates equipment per production specifications and operating standards
- Performs process control functions using assigned equipment to meet quality assurance standards
- Performs work in accordance with documented process and procedures
- Opens boxes, empties components onto line, and prepares parts for assembly
- Manually assembles parts, following specific work instructions
- Moves material or boxes around the work area using a hand pallet jack as needed
- Packages and labels assembled materials for shipping
- Labels parts per specifications
- Periodically checks equipment/parts for quality processing
- Communicates safety, quality, and equipment issues to supervisor and/or line lead
- Follow PPS (Process Packaging Specification) and SWI's (Standard Work Instructions), BOM's (Bill of Material), and other manufacturing documentation as required
- Employee may generate or handle hazardous waste
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervision
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working 1st shift
- Frequent physical demands including lifting up to 50 lbs
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum six (6) months work experience in a production environment
- Effective communication skills along with the ability to read, speak and understand both oral and written instructions
: Eagan, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Separation and Purification Sciences Division. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Separation and Purification Sciences Division for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.