Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision?
Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits, Tuition Reimbursement and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates that recognizes and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Airgas USA, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Production Operator - Filler position at our plant in Grand Prairie, TX.
This person will make and/or repackage and pump compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positions cylinders in manifold racks. Operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
- Fills cylinders or containers to proper capacity by either setting pressure gauge to specified reading and watching for indication of full cylinders; adjusting valves and observing gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure; observing scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight or filling cylinder to excess, rolling cylinder onto scale and connecting exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Accurately maintains cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Loads cylinders onto vehicles using hand truck or lift gate and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Multiple shifts
- The associate will have the ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, hearing, speaking and read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- The candidate must be able to drive a forklift.
- The associate must be able to work overtime as needed.
- The candidate must be able to work in adverse weather conditions including wind, rain, snow and variations in temperature from very cold to very hot.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- The candidate must be able to read and write.
BENEFITS AT AIRGAS USA, LLC.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The candidate will be eligible for full benefits on day 31 of employment including:
> Medical/Dental /Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending
> Short Term and Long Term Disability
> Life Insurance
> Tuition Reimbursement
> Paid Sick, Floating, Holidays and Vacation
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.