The optimizer role is to perform daily evaluation of production, well performance, and provide support for the production team.
This includes, assigning daily actions for the production team based off highest priorities, daily optimization of existing artificial lift, code and status updates for the wells, evaluating wells for uplift potential through new artificial lift installation.
Optimizers will use the data, tools, and technology provided to make strategic business decisions to continuously improve BP.
- Health, Safety, Security & Environmental oversight to ensure a safe and environmentally sound operation.
- Diagnosis and prioritization of actions to team leads to resolve preventative maintenance and deferment issues
- Support root cause failure analysis on well and artificial lift failures to improve reliability
- Develop and/or implement industry analytical tools to improve the efficiency of team interventions
- Provide technical support to production teams
- Management of wireline and batch intervention
- Optimization of artificial lift (Rod pumps, Gas lift, Plunger lift, etc.) to ensure safe operation and maximize hydrocarbon recovery
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
Essential experience and job requirements
- Motivation and drive to find system defects and implement improvements
- Familiarity with working with data and analytics to determine root cause failures or improving workflows.
- Ability to perform and function both as an individual contributor and in a team collaborating environment with strong communication skills.
- Willingness to adapt to / learn dynamic ways of working
- Ability to work in multiple computer systems (excel/word, SCADA HMI, Spotfire, etc.)
- schedule flexibility (some weekends can be required)
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- possible travel up to 20%
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Oil and gas or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with the selection and optimization of artificial lift in the oil and gas industry
- Experience using computer based remote control systems to optimize and maintain gas/oil wells
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP's Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "02-Dec-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.