Working within our Integrated Supply Chain organization, the Planner/Scheduler will schedule the daily production for a specific window factory based on our Master Schedule. The Planner/Scheduler will work within a cross-functional team communicating with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Customer Service to meet or exceed the 98% Ship on Time performance goal. The Planner/Scheduler will be involved in the daily factory floor operations helping to guide production personnel through the schedule. The Planner/Scheduler will also provide daily metric reports on shipping, back-orders, and incoming demand.
• Schedule manufacturing capacity to ensure timely completion of customer orders, minimize costs, and improve manufacturing flexibility
• Successfully implement the Master Schedule at designated plant, ensuring production is aligned through all stages of the process and across multiple functions
• Ensure daily production requirements are achieved and revise production plan as necessary successfully resolving discrepancies or obstacles
• Serves as a liaison between Manufacturing and Customer Service to address demand, capacity or service level issues that may arise
• Communicate with plant managers and make adjustments to schedules as necessary to meet business demands while staying within the confines of the Master Schedule
• Generate assembly and glass schedules based on incoming demand using operating systems
• Track daily build date compliance to the schedule also tracking finished goods being staged ahead of the ship date in a timely manner
• Monitors and communicates demand information across the facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics
• Reconciles inaccuracies with customer shipments and deliveries
• Ensures that employees receive schedules in a timely manner and works directly with employees to resolve any scheduling issues
• Run and publish various reports that measure our plants daily manufacturing performance
• Works with Material Planning and vendors on outsourced products to ensure that supply needs are met
• Documents key information for analysis which includes downtime, peak production, and scheduling accuracy
• Supply Chain / Materials Management / Master Scheduling
• Manufacturing Operations, led by Plant Manager
• Customer Service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in production scheduling or manufacturing supervision in a high volume, high complexity environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work well in cross-functional teams in both plant and corporate environments
• Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel
• CPM or APICS a plus
Alside represents over six decades of inspired innovation. Founded in 1947, Alside is a leading manufacturer of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets.
With headquarters in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Alside has over 3000 employees in its seven manufacturing facilities (Cuyahoga Falls OH; West Salem OH; Ennis TX; Cedar Rapids IA; Kinston NC, Bothell WA; Yuma AZ). Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of 100 Alside Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the country.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.