DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Production Planning & Logistics Manager located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Production Planning & Logistics Manager will manage and develop work processes that integrate customer delivery requirements into manufacturing plans. Supervise the planning and preparation of production schedules for manufacturing.
• Ensure that the production planning and purchase teams of the Business Units work efficiently so the commitment undertaken with the customers are optimally fulfilled (LIFR,BO), based on available in-house or outsourced capacity
• Manage the Material Handling team on the plant
• Responsible to develop Goals & Objectives, to evaluate the performance of the team and define development plan for each member
• Manage the planning and preparation of production schedules for manufacturing through subordinate planners and schedulers
• Develop and implement production planning policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures
• Maintain compliance with company policies in regards to all safety and approve production scheduling
• Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, material, personnel and tools
• Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
• Provide a closed loop connection between marketing/sales stated demand, manufacturing capacity/build plans, and the total revenue plan
• Submit production planning report to management and develop solutions to address the potential production problems
• Analyze results and initiate appropriate action to meet business goals
• Improve profitability through process improvements and utilization of resources
• Manage operational budget
• Review customer order records and backorder issues
• Resolve difficult problems and customer complaints
• Have an end to end view of the supply and deliver analysis on different demand scenarios for the mid and long term, contributing to new investments decisions to support the strategy of the Business Units
• Participate in new product launch meetings and new product forecasts as a business partner. Ensure smooth and successful new production introduction, together with the Engineering/NPI departments
• Responsible for the systems linked to the supply chain. Support any project affecting Planning systems and strategy.
• Develop strong connection with the Demand Management functions as well as the Production teams within different Business Units
• Be part of the S&OP monthly cycle and lead the monthly S&OP Supply review
• Report to the PP&L Director and participate on the development of the Business Plan and long term strategies. Use the Strategic Plan of each Business Unit to mitigate any supply risk and build long term action plan to address them.
• Leverage the Campus Supply Chain and strengthen the links and visibility with the US and International demand and distribution teams. Deliver a sustainable efficient service to the customers and capital release through inventory management