DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Production Planning Manager that will be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Production Planning Manager will direct and manage production planning activities for the manufacturing facility. Champion the reliability of supply journey for the site. Responsibilities also include reviewing and developing any corrective actions stemming from performance metric misses. The manager works with the planning team to create a realistic production plan. Scope of processes managed: monthly site latest estimate process, rough-cut capacity planning, constrained master production scheduling, materials requirements planning & materials supply, and detailed production scheduling.
The Production Planning Manager will be responsible for:
• Manage capacity planning requirements for the plant including business supply needs, new production pipeline volume builds and other plant project work
• Plan and prepare production schedules for manufacturing through subordinate planners and schedulers, develop and implement production planning policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures
• Connect with Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning to ensure seamless flow of information and fully integrated approach to delivering key metrics – Customer Service, Inventory, and Cost
• Partner with Source to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and on-time delivery
• Responsible for short term and medium term capacity planning
• Manage production planning and set clear performance standards to hold people accountable for results, deliver customer service goals, optimize inventory investments, and meet production requirements, safety targets, and non-conformance / quality improvement goals, build cross-functional and cross-departmental support, fostering overall group effectiveness
• Coach and guide teams / individuals to mine data from appropriate systems and able to carry out complex analysis for ad-hoc business requests
• Develop and manage regional and global projects to deliver continuous improvement in KPI’s
• Develop, coach, and guide team in the execution of strategies and the realization of departmental and company goals; advances succession planning by holding career conversations with staff
• Provide clear leadership for site team
• Accountable supply chain representative on the plant leadership teamQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
• A minimum of eight (8) years of overall business experience is required
• A minimum of five (5) years of Supply Chain experience is required
• A minimum of two (2) years of people management and/or development is required
• Six Sigma, LEAN and/or Supply Chain certifications (APICS/IBF) are preferred
• Experience with ERP (such as SAP-ECC) & Advanced Planning Systems (such as SAP-APO) is required
• Familiarity with relevant legislation – e.g. FDA/BSi Class III Medical Device Requirements, GMP, and ISO requirements is preferred
• Ability to build strong collaborative teams and relationships, leading cross functional/virtual teams where required
• The ability to influence Director and VP Levels within the organization and in a matrix environment is preferred
• Ability to drive and apply continuous process improvement tools and improvements to large and complex projects
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
• Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPointPrimary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.