PBM Graphics, Inc., an RR Donnelley Company is a leading commercial printing and packaging company in North America, producing educational products, publications, and sales materials for the healthcare industry and general commercial print for many other industries, as well as collectible trading cards associated with the entertainment and sports industries.
We are in immediate need of a Production Scheduler 1.
Schedule work to run on manufacturing equipment for the following areas: Press, Bindery, Mailing and Handwork. Review daily production output and make adjustments/updates to daily/weekly forecasted schedules. Move work around as needed while maintaining customer delivery dates. Provide daily reports/updates that are used by the production departments to run work and plan staffing, materials etc.
- Review daily/weekly production schedules and sequence/load equipment to run primarily in Mailing and Handwork. Optimize workflow by matching the equipment capabilities closely to the specification of the customer work. Typically plan for equipment and jobs that are more routine or standardized in nature but may occasionally have a greater degree of complexity.
- Upload jobs from PSI into JobPack (scheduling software) throughout the day. Update data in JobPack to match the job plan/job ticket.
- Run weekly delivery report and work closely with project managers to update due dates in JobPack for projects that have been delayed.
- Ensure that preceding requirements needed to begin running a job such as proof approval, paper, plates, ink, blankets and dies have been received and are in place. Coordinate with the appropriate departments to ensure jobs will be able to run.
- Review daily production output and make adjustments/updates to daily/weekly schedules to ensure on time delivery. Engage with Planners or management when issues arise and work needs to be moved around to resolve issues.
- Re-schedule work to different slots/equipment in the event of unplanned situations such as equipment failures, missing components or raw materials etc.
- Provide daily reports/updates to manufacturing operations so materials and staffing are coordinated with the forecasted workloads and that sales/customer service are updated on customer projects.
- May verify that materials, staffing, and logistics are in place in time for scheduled production runs.
- May coordinate with vendors and/or internal resources producing components to ensure that delivery will meet the scheduled run time for the customer project.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.