Schedule work to run on manufacturing equipment for one or more of the following areas: Prepress, Press, Bindery/Finishing. Review daily production output and make adjustments/updates to daily/weekly forecasted schedules. Move work around as needed while maintaining customer delivery dates. Provide daily reports/updates that are used by the production departments to run work and plan staffing, materials etc.
- Review daily/weekly production schedules and sequence/load equipment to run primarily in one of the following areas: Prepress, Press, Bindery/Finishing. Optimize workflow by matching the equipment capabilities closely to the specification of the customer work. Typically plan for equipment and jobs that are a mix of routine to moderately complex in nature.
- Ensure that preceding requirements needed to begin running a job such as the preflight of the customer files, plating, raw materials, components are in place. Coordinate with the appropriate departments to ensure jobs will be able to run.
- Review daily production output and make adjustments/updates to daily/weekly schedules. May engage with Planners or management when issues arise and work needs to be moved around to resolve issues.
- Re-schedule work to different slots/equipment in the event of unplanned situations such as equipment failures, missing components or raw materials etc.
- Provide daily reports/updates to manufacturing operations so materials and staffing are coordinated with the forecasted workloads and that sales/customer service are updated on customer projects.
- May verify that materials, staffing, and logistics are in place in time for scheduled production runs.
- May coordinate with vendors and/or internal resources producing components to ensure that delivery will meet the scheduled run time for the customer project.
- May perform tasks related to long term planning and building of facility work plans.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.