Location: Lexington, North Carolina
Posted: December 16, 2016
Reference ID: 928752349
Adecco is hiring for a production scheduler for a respected manufacturing company in Lexington. This position plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products. The production scheduler is a critical role in the safe and efficient operations of our client and we are looking for stellar, experienced candidates who are looking to be a part of operations.
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times
- Plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepare production reports
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects
- Proficient reading, writing, and office skills
- One to three months related experience or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, engineering drawings, and procedures manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts including proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- A working knowledge of spreadsheets and computer literacy
Pay for this position starts at $13/hr. Hours are 7a-5:30p Monday - Thursday. Candidates must be able to pass a drug screening.
If you are ready to sharpen your skills as a critical part of operations apply to this position today!