Job Description : Summary:
Summarize the function(s) of the job and reflect the basic purpose why the position exists.
Successful candidate will work independently supporting maintenance needs of complex, automated manufacturing equipment. Maintains a high level of knowledge of the manufacturing processes and equipment to provide support to all needs in all areas. May assist on the design and development of new equipment or processes. Requires strong time management skills to effectively manage project work with unscheduled maintenance needs.
Maintenance activities include advanced troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems, using the PLC and online ladder logic to troubleshoot machine control issues, equipment performance improvement projects, process validation activities and preventative maintenance. Due to the nature of this position, a very high degree of initiative, teamwork and communication are required. Is expected to lead by example through compliance to all safety and regulatory requirements, demonstrates a good work ethic, performs to high standards and supports continuous learning Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Qualifications : Equal Employment Opportunity
- Independently troubleshoots complex, automated equipment with a high degree of quality in a sustained quick and reliable problem solving/correction process.
- Supports and performs planned maintenance activities, including preventive maintenance, throughout production
- Continues to learn complex equipment by studying equipment manuals, conducting internet research and utilizing internal knowledge to keep abreast of new technologies, processes and/or equipment. Works within Service Technician group to assist in increasing technical knowledge the technical capabilities of less experienced technicians.
- Works with engineers and others during the building and installation of new equipment to ensure attention to maintenance of new equipment, prepares new machine documentation from equipment suppliers based on Gambro's operating standards.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance requirements by maintaining cleanliness within work area, ensuring proper hygiene in work areas at all times and maintaining good documentation practices on all required paperwork.
- Technically identifies and supports process optimization through equipment design improvements, changes to operating procedures and maintenance activities. Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems.
- Supports equipment validation activities in house or at vendor locations by following Gambro's standard operating and compliance procedures
- Performs written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance. Enters data into SAP for tracking purposes.
- May be required to perform other duties and/or lead special projects as required or assigned, reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above. May be required to work on other shifts and/or willing to be "on call" as needed.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information. KNOWLEDGE: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
List minimum level required to perform the job competently: Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or above preferred.
- 8 years practical and comprehensive knowledge required.
- Experience and aptitude for redesign and modification to enhance equipment performance.
- Must have good understanding of programmable logic controllers, using the PLC as a troubleshooting tool.
- Ability to modify or develop control logic to enhance equipment performance.
- Strong troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Requires advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical drawings, flowcharts, and/or other drawings of a technical nature.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Continuing and broadening knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Ability to train less experienced team members.
- Work effectively and professionally with employees, team members, engineers, manufacturing management, etc., by using good interpersonal communication skills.
- Formal technical degree in electronics, automation systems or related field. Substitution of degree with relevant experience is evaluated on a case-by-case basis to the specific skills required in the work area.
Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 100% of the time.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment without daylight / windows
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery
- Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move between the office and the production floor
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.