Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives
of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Preside independently over Visa core processing including (but is not limited to)
• Global Clearing and Settlement system that clears/settles billions of dollars every day of the year through various National Net Settlement systems
• Treasury system that involves the wire transfer of huge amount of money between Visa, issuers and acquirers as well as the California State EDD social benefits debit card reload system that assures beneficiaries funds will be available the next day by following documented support procedures to meet established service levels. Failure to meet these service levels can lead to significant financial penalties and substantial negative brand impact.
• Monitor vigilantly all daily financial file transmissions and promptly resolve issues in accordance with established service levels.
• Communicate effectively and succinctly to both client and internal senior management - up to and including the Technology EVP - throughout the incident management process and ensure that all written and verbal communications are delivered timely and accurately.
• Assess accurately the impact of a critical/major incident and author communication for distribution to appropriate recipients within set time frames with guidance.
• Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
• Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
• Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
• Review tickets for repetitive issues and collaborate with support teams to identify effective/sound solutions that will resolve these conclusively.
• Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
• Possess the analytical ability to independently resolve routine problems
following documented handling procedures.
• Generate a sense of urgency to complete work on time and inspire a strong
commitment to achieving results
• Embrace change and accept ambiguity.
• Develop a working knowledge of Visa Inc.'s global consumers, clients (including merchants), and third party vendors.
• Perform first level monitoring of MVS OS/390 to ensure a good overall health of the systems and respond to outstanding messages as required.
• Perform monitoring and resolve batch failures including abends.
• Good knowledge of batch operations including scheduling tool ESP.
• Good transmission knowledge on NDM and FTP.
• Good knowledge with OFD (Open File Delivery) and Tandem in relationship to Visa's Clearing and Settlement environment advantageous
• Maintain technical skills through participation in on the job training and recommended training classes.
• Proficiency in analyzing and isolating anomalies presented via standard alerting utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques. Assist to provide or suggest solutions for the anomalies.
• 1-2 years of experience in batch processing, preferably in financial services.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITILv3)
• Adept customer service background
• Ability to make decisions guided by policies and circumstances.
• Proficient in English and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
• Proficient with MS Office products
• IT systems, Key Controls, and compliance knowledge
• Must be able to work night shifts as assigned - Starts at 1800 MT/2000 EST and ends at 600 AM MT / 800 AM EST the following day. Shift repeats every 2 weeks. Week 1: US Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat and Sun Days. Week 2: US Wed and Thu days. Qualifications
BS degree in Information Systems or CS or equivalent experience; typically requires a minimum of 5 + years of experience preferably in financial services.
•(ITIL) Technical staff member with mainframe hardware/software system and troubleshooting skills and experience
•Demonstrated analytical abilities in independently resolving complex problems that may not have fully documented handling procedures.
•Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and assisting junior staff members and/or enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa's business or client service level agreements.
•Demonstrated ability creating procedures for complex issues to provide the ability for junior members to resolve these issues in the future.
•Leadership abilities to influence motivation, collaboration and innovation from team members.
•MS Office Proficiency
◦Mainframe Batch Processing - Preferred
◦Experience with BMC Remedy ticketing , Tivoli NetCool monitoring, and vSphere tools a plus.
◦Experience participating or facilitating problem bridges for high priority events also a plus. Additional Information
- People-oriented/Team Player
- Strong interpersonal abilities - must project credibility and integrity.
- Flexible with hours.
- Goal seeker.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.