Production Shift Lead Job in Eau Claire, WI
Posted: January 06, 2017
Reference ID: 807670816
Adecco is currently partnering with a food manufacturing company located in the greater Eau Claire, WI area in order to find a Production Shift Lead.
Direct supervision of production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes safety talks, planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating daily & weekly standup meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all standard and approved processes.
* Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
* Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
* Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Maintains time and production records as required.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provide for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
* Leads by example with the Whitehall Specialties Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years plant experience.
* Familiarity with Clean Manufacturing Practices.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based applications
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate and APPLY TODAY!! Send your resume to our recruiter Nick Kern (firstname.lastname@example.org).