Sr. Production Service Analyst - I4
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the Cybersource and Authorize.net real time production services.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents. Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support Windows and Linux operational environments and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents.
- Support services and applications in a Docker environment.
- Manipulate basic SQL queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries and scripts.
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behavior and log data.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools.
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis.
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
- Identify gaps in existing processes and procedures and work with management and technical teams to propose and implement a solution. Create and update documentation as needed.
- Recycle and validate Windows and Linux services as needed.
Decision Making and Impact:
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Use sound judgment and good time management in prioritizing work to maintain Cybersource service level agreements and client perception during a crisis situation.
- Interact with the staff during a crisis to ensure that all objectives are met on time.
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management.
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that all activities and bridge calls are well coordinated and incidents are accurately documented.
- Bridge the gap between technical staff and management during an incident.
- Act with a sense of urgency to drive incidents to resolution and provide analysis. Identify follow up items and areas for improvement and propose solutions.
- Own projects within the team and drive them to resolution.
- Work with little supervision and assist junior staff in day to day activities.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff members.
- Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with management to implement changes.
- Use sound judgment in evaluating unusual situations and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline completed. May be a 2 year IT Degree with relevant work experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) is a plus.
- 5+ years working in a Linux or windows environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems.
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress.
- Ability to adapt to shift work (off hours/weekend work) - this position requires 6PM - 6 AM availability (Graveyard shift).
- Experience remotely managing Windows and Linux computer systems.
- Proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must.
- Experience with Remedy, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, CA Wily or other performance monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of Docker architecture.
- Experience troubleshooting Docker Container based applications.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.