Eaton Lighting has an opening for a Production Supervisor located in its facility in Vicksburg, MS.
The production supervisor reports directly to the Final Assembly Production Manager and the primary function of this position will be to lead cross-functional production teams to safely produce and ship LED Lighting System products, at minimum cost, in accordance with engineering design specifications, quality standards, customer service goals, and profitability. Ensure that production demands are met in the department and that operations personnel and coordinators understand their roles in the upkeep of order fulfillment.
- Optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs.
- Maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
- Communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- Ensures hourly workforce meets production, quality, customer service, and attendance standards.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- Creates written reports and documentation or uses PC's/CRT to retrieve and input various data including but not limited to, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics, production information and schedules, attendance, payroll, inventory transactions, scrap reporting etc.
- Assist in determining staffing levels to meet production schedules within area of responsibility.
- Maintains records pertaining to their area of responsibility.
- Mediates employees' differences and resolves employees' grievances at the appropriate level.
- Coordinates all activities with lead supervisor and department manager.
- Assigns work load and balances pace, pull conveyor or work cells.
- Promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC) enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy checks, and addressing unsafe conditions.
- Understand and meet all department safety goals.
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Champion Continuous Improvement efforts throughout the facility
- Lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
- Explain the necessities of new policies, technologies, and processes as they are implemented.
- Evaluate workload requirements to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities accordingly as governed by customer demand.
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved.
- Ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforce follow through. Work with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly review quality trends in the market.
- Perform any additional duties as necessary or as required.
About Vicksburg, Mississippi
Conveniently located 50 minutes east of the state capital, Jackson, Mississippi is a city with convenient access to rich history, diverse industries and inspiring landscapes. The Eaton Lighting facility in Vicksburg, MS is the product line manufacturing facility for Galleon, Invue, Navion, Traditionaire and many other LED Lighting Systems and is one of the top employers in the local community. The facility is home to more than 420 employees and is centrally located among every attraction one may desire in the Central Southeast, including New Orleans, LA; Memphis, TN, Orange Beach, AL; Pensacola, FL; and San Antonio, TX.
Please visit http://www.vicksburgchamber.orgBasic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Operations.
- Minimum one year of leadership experience managing people or project teams.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Three years of leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment working with a bargaining agreement and unit
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
- Process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.