Provides coaching and leadership to a team of hourly Production and Maintenance team members across all shifts at City of Industry. This team will consist of approximately 30 team members per shift of 4 packaging lines, conveying equipment, as well as inventory management and maintenance functions. Additionally, this position ensures that the expanding case volume meets the quality expectations of the company, while improving bottom line results as to cost per case through department wide measurements that demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies and cost saving initiatives.
- Manages and leads hourly team members in varying levels of experience and education.
- Focuses on creating an environment whereby each team member can achieve the goals set forth in Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) and Supply Chain Management, resulting in the highest customer/consumer values.
- Provide leadership and supervision for team.
- Effectively motivate, train and communicate with assigned team to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality.
- Ensure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Prepare and conduct daily team meetings as necessary for proper communication.
- Utilize the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead and gain involvement of team members.
- Routinely solicit feedback and provide coaching in supporting a culture which maximizes innovation, participation and rewards of team members.
- Serve as a training resource or coach for team members and team leaders regarding team member skills, Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activity, Focused Improvement (FI), Quality Management (QM), safety, sanitation programs, and plant process/flow.
- Develop an understanding of equipment and machinery operations in order to serve as a resource to team members for preventive maintenance guidelines, Autonomous Maintenance and breakdowns.
- Participate and/or lead project teams that improve Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety through Total Productive Manufacturing principles (TPM).
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 - 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter, needing little or no direction
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required
- Must have a basic understanding of financial reporting and budgeting, including, but not limited to cullage, yields, and TE as well as Run Strategy and all conversation and deployment KPI's.
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.