Key Results of the Position:
To serve as a resource and a leader for production team members, focusing on creating an environment whereby each team member can achieve the goals set forth in Total Productive Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management, resulting in the highest customer/consumer value.Essential Functions:
- To acquire and utilize the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead team members in supporting a culture which maximizes innovation, participation, rewards, and continual improvement.
- Ensure appropriate levels of staffing for effective plant operations.
- Serve as a training resource for team members and associate team leaders regarding team member skills, safety, sanitation programs, food safety and plant process/flow.
- Develop an understanding of equipment and machinery operations in order to serve as a resource to team members for preventive maintenance guidelines as well as unanticipated machinery breakdowns. Knowledge of High Speed Packaging and/or Processing equipment a plus.
- Understand and utilize quality concepts and processes such as Statistical Process Control and Total Productive Manufacturing to drive continuous improvement and finished product conformance to requirements. Coach and develop employee skills in those areas.
- Gain an understanding of high performance organizations and how it relates to world class concepts such as Supply Chain Management, Total Productive Manufacturing, etc., in order to maximize plant wide customer service. This accountability will be measured against the incumbents understanding of how his/her results impacts the department, plant, and company financial objectives.
- Serve as a mentor/resource to other Supervisors as well as the operators within the department, thereby aiding in their development and ensuring an understanding of Quaker's culture and values.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize available application computer programs in order to facilitate the timely, accurate interpretation, and reporting of performance, quality, and safety data.
- Act as a resource to assist employees in the resolution of operational issues.
- Provide daily feedback to plant management as well as team members regarding reliability, safety, quality, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Accountable to assist in the develop 90 day action plans, including, but not limited to improvement goals in the areas of cullage, yields, and reliabilities, as well as Run Strategy and all conversion and or deployment Key Performance Indicators.
- Must demonstrate ability to take information obtained in step 11, and communicate information to appropriate team members thereby increasing team member knowledge and value.
- Ensure effective plant operations by functioning within the parameters as required by government regulatory agencies and corporate/plant policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to think and operate within a global environment whereby the overall goals and objectives of the plant and company are met.
- Implementation and completions within the parameters set forth.
Successful candidates should possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- 4 year college degree is required
- Strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically, written, oral, presentation, listening, and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead team members, facilitate change, foster innovation and results, and manage all phases of a production unit
- This position will be filled at L6, L7, L8 or L9 depending on the candidates' current level within the Supply Chain Competency Assessment (SCCA) program
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.