To provide direct supervision of labor and daily management of the dry ice production operation.
Shift Time: 3:00pm - 12:30am DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the safe start-up, shutdown, and efficient operation of the ice plant.
- Coordinates with local branch to ensure production resources (labor, materials, equipment) match production demand.
- Communicates operational status on a continual basis to the Plant and Branch Managers.
- Interviews and hires new production associates.
- Completes written evaluations and annual reviews of production associates.
- Leads, trains, and disciplines production associates to ensure compliance with Airgas policies and procedures.
- Tracks supply inventories to ensure that proper materials are on-hand for production needs.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Identifies and facilitates the correction of all safety hazards and quality deficiencies.
- Operates a forklift on an occasional basis to meet production needs.
- 70% of the time within an unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards required the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- 30% of the time in an office setting (i.e. desk/computer station.
- On-call and shift work required.
- Second shift, 7:00pm to 7:00am.
- Associates degree preferred. (High School diploma considered in conjunction with extensive, relevant experience).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Three (3) years experience in a supervisory role of more than 10 production personnel in an industrial environment.
- Self starter, able to effectively supervise work teams to meet the production demands.
- Decision making to execute company policies and plant procedures.
- Organizational skills to facilitate inventory management, personnel files, and time management.
- Discipline associates in a fair and professional manner.
- Very good written and verbal skills and the ability to complete basic reports.
- Higher level math skills (beyond add,subtract,multiply, divide) to provide input for budgets, cost control, and inventory.
- Comfortable with computer systems and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Knowledgeable in operating ice plant equipment (block press, saws, packaging, pelletizers, valves, etc).
- Function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility. Supervise a floor production staff of 10 people in the same environment.
- Essential job function requires occasional lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 50 pounds each.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job function. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and other reasonably related duties could be assigned.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.