Location: Delmar, New York - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Production Shift Leader is accountable to lead the operation and personnel within a rotating shift environment. The Production Shift Leader is expected to understand what is necessary for the customer to grow and be successful. The Production Shift Leader also manages and oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plant's safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and customer service.Reports to
: Complex LeaderSpan of Control
: Leads approximately 50 hourly employeesJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Coordinate all required safety training.
- Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements
- Educate team members on safe operations.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning's stand on safety throughout the Operations Department
- Perform reporting and investigation of all safety incidents, driving to root cause and permanent resolution.
Achieve customer satisfaction and quality commitments
- Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the Operations Department, and ensure all products meet customer standards and requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate production to schedules in order to meet or exceed delivery to promise.
- Ensure operational procedures are followed to product specifications, and quality metrics meet customers' needs.
- Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators on all quality issues and resolve.
- Train operators on problem solving skills, and coach through resolution.
Execute Plant's Continuous Improvement Plan
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute actions to deliver improved processes and results.
- Communicate expectations around continuous improvement with all team members.
Lead and develop talent
- Monitor and enforce all plant and corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide candid feedback on expectations and performance to all members of team on regular basis.
- Actively lead and build effective work teams to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain documentation, track, counsel, and execute coaching and corrective action when performance issues occur.
- Review, track and modify individual training plans based on individual needs.
Achieve Plant cost targets
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Leverage standard work to minimize variation and waste.
- Develop and implement productivity projects / programs to enhance processes.
- Drive waste out of operation.
- Utilize proper resourcing to meet cost targets.
- Gather input from and engage all team members in productivity initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years leadership/supervisory experience required.
- Associates degree or higher required.
- Experience making high-impact decisions in fast-paced environment.
- Experience utilizing computer programs and Microsoft Office products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment preferred
- Union experience preferred.
- Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement exposures preferred.
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen
- Possesses strong change management skills
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
About Owens Corning
- Grows and mentors talent
- Demonstrates self-knowledge and takes action to continuously improve
- Leverages own and others' strengths
- Properly utilizes influencing and change leadership skills
- Resolves conflict, as needed
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology