Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location: Thomson, Georgia
Posted: November 12, 2016
Reference ID: 1678951815
A Second Shift Production Supervisor job in the Thomson, GA area is available courtesy of Modis Engineering and Technology. You will be managing a team of production workers in day-to-day manufacturing operations to include but not limited to safety, quality, on-time order delivery, and continuous improvements. You will be responsible for ensuring all safety rules, regulations and programs are followed by production staff; audit and address all departmental safety hazards, equipment and guarding malfunctions, and personal safety violations. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Production Supervisor job responsibilities include:
• Monitor production schedules and customer demands to ensure accurate and timely order completion; respond to order deviations, schedule adjustments, set up planning, equipment downtime etc. with a sense of urgency
• Employ Lean and Six Sigma concepts and practices; conduct Kaizen events; drive 5S activities and visual management
• Support Quality Control circle activities; participate in corrective action/root cause events
• Train staff on new and existing work assignments, machinery, tools and processes consistent with the organizations quality systems and documented standard work
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field strongly preferred
• One to Three years experience in manufacturing environment; supervisory experience preferred
• Strong emphasis on state and local safety regulations, safety compliance and training
• Experience in leading Lean/Kaizen activities strongly preferred
If you are interested in this Second Shift Production Supervisor position, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering and Technology go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Michael Sanchez at 512-823-2381 or Michael.email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled