Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a 3rd shift Production Supervisor for the Waukesha, WI facility.
Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10:30pm-7:30am
The Production Supervisor directs and trains a productive workforce to meet established production goals while maintaining schedules, safety objectives, quality objectives, and employee morale on assigned shift. In this role you would have responsibility to improve throughput velocity to achieve sales growth, on-time shipping, and WIP inventory targets.
- Staffs, develops and maintains an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals.
- Responsible for employee selection, counseling, training and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status.
- Establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- Helps achieve plant safety objectives to improve incident rate, OSHME score, and safety risk rating.
- Supports plant quality objectives related to improving scrap reduction, customer complaints, and manufacturing errors.
- Improves employee involvement and communications to achieve strategic operating objectives.
- Leads/participates on continuous improvement teams including lean/six sigma (MVP) projects or events.
- Plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- Own the overall performance of assigned area. Facilitate smooth hand offs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant level goals, work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- Maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- Responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department.
- Prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department and provides other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- Responsible for effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase production while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state of the art manufacturing.
- Identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- Acts as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities
- Ensures that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported and used
- Acts as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- Has departmental responsibility and provides departmental leadership across all three shifts
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Prior experience working in an Engineered to Order environment
- Prior experience with machining, assembly, fabrication operations
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 familiarity
- SAP, Excel proficiency
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.