ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
The Production Supervisor
will manage a group of hourly production employees and oversee the daily operation of the Melt Shop.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are being followed;
- Responsible for directing, organizing and planning all day-to-day aspects of production in the Melt Shop;
- Will work closely with melt management to ensure timely and efficient operation of the department;
- Will direct and supervise a crew of hourly production employees, and supporting resources;
- Coordinate all projects related to production process;
- Responsible for up time on all equipment by managing preventative maintenance routines, general maintenance assignments, and placing priority on required repairs to assure production goals are realized;
- Participate in and assisting with all Continuous Improvement activities and events as well as maintaining 6S;
- Develop and recommend improvements to facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency;
- Responsible for completion of various documents required for production and safety needs;
- Responsible for entering production, safety and quality data into the company computer system daily;
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the usage and availability of safety equipment;
- Ensure employees are trained per task, and their training is documented per company specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 1 year of industrial and/or manufacturing experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Experience with MS Office software, specifically Excel;
- ERP experience a plus;
- Previous demonstrated experience with continuous improvement (i.e. Lean or Six Sigma);
- Demonstrated supervisory experience leading personnel in a manufacturing setting;
- Melting process experience, specifically vacuum melting in an industrial setting.