This position will direct and motivate the manufacturing workforce to produce products of high quality in the most efficient and safe manner to ensure that scheduling meets business and customer needs.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to follow all Arconic's safety regulations, work rules and all departmental specific requirements
- Ability to read and follow the information on work instructions
- Record data either manually or by computer as required
- Examines products at various stages of processing procedures for conformance to both internal and external specifications
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Explains company policies to employers and assures compliance to EHS responsibilities.
- Conducts employee training, practice incident prevention techniques, facilitates between Managers, EHS resources, employees and conduct self-inspection with verification of compliance
- Explains specifications, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Maintains time, attendance, and production records
- Estimates, requisitions and inspects materials
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Establishes project plans and coordinates activities for continuous improvement initiatives
- Makes recommendations for hiring / firing and promotions of his/her employees
- Completes performance evaluations on his/her employees
- Maintains measurements for department performance
- Performs disciplinary action for his/her employees
- Responsible for training and mentoring team leaders for their individual development
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship provided. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (ie 'Green card Holder'), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Bachelor's of Science degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Investment Casting experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, having good team building skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing P & L
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and be technically orientated
- Proven ability to positively engage the workforce
- Prior military experience including leadership
- Previous leadership experience in a union environment
- Must be energetic and self-starter, able to promote and implement change
- Competent in basic PC knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to promote a continuous improvement atmosphere.
- Experience with TPM, Synchronous Mfg & Kaizen concept
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties as needed
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules as required by customer
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and security functions
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.