ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
The Production Supervisor
will manage a group of hourly production employees and oversee the daily operations. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are being followed;
- Responsible for directing, organizing and planning all day-to-day aspects of production;
- Will work closely with plant management to ensure timely and efficient operation of the department;
- Will direct and supervise a crew of hourly production employees, and supporting resources;
- Coordinate all projects related to production process;
- Responsible for up time on all equipment by managing preventative maintenance routines, general maintenance assignments, and placing priority on required repairs to assure production goals are realized
- Participate in and assisting with all Continuous Improvement activities and events as well as maintaining 6S;
- Develop and recommend improvements to facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency;
- Responsible for completion of various documents required for production and safety needs;
- Responsible for entering production, safety and quality data into the company computer system daily;
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the usage and availability of safety equipment;
- Ensure employees are trained per task, and their training is documented per company specifications;
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed to ensure the production of a quality product;
- Coordinate all training schedules and maintain training programs for the titanium process.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading projects or people;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must have demonstrated supervisor/leadership experience; must provide specifics of experience;
- Demonstrated professionalism, and good work ethic;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be available to work all shifts and weekends / holidays as required;
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced union manufacturing environment;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, SAP experience is a plus;
- Must have ability to manage people and processes;
- Manufacturing background is preferred, technical troubleshooting is a plus;
- Must have a good attendance record;
- Bachelor's degree or advanced education preferred;
- Must be willing to make decisions and explain reasoning of decisions to management.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.