Arconic Forgings and Extrusions, located in Massena, NY is a division of Arconic's Engineered Products and Solutions. Supervisors are the first level of authority in the workplace providing leadership, coaching and clear direction to ensure people are working safely, meeting customer demand, solving problems, eliminating waste and meeting goals.
Under the direction of the Operations Superintendent, this position is accountable for supervising, scheduling and leading a group of employees to meet departmental goals including but not limited to:
• Ensuring all Environmental & Safety policies are followed
• Monitoring performance and implementing corrective actions to meet goals
• Identifying and Implementing improvement plans
• Solving problems to the root to prevent a recurrence
• Effectively communicating with others within and outside the work group
• Maintaining all production and related quality assurance records
• Providing leadership, direction and motivation to people in assigned area
• Effectively managing employee and labor relations including contract administration, grievance handling and day-to-day employee complaints/issues
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding production goals including production output, safety, on time delivery, and people initiatives within a traditional unit supervisor role
• Directing the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives (lean manufacturing) including 5S, standardized work, work balance, product flow and TPM improvements
• Own cost savings initiatives (degree of implementation)Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment
- Knowledge and experience in applying lean manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.