Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products invented the first forged aluminum truck wheel in 1948-and by doing so, we created an entire industry. Seven decades later, we're proud to be the global market leader in the forged, aluminum heavy-duty truck wheel market, holding the number one position. We've helped customers around the world to increase payload while saving fuel and reducing maintenance by switching out heavy steel wheels for lightweight aluminum.
The Production Supervisor
is responsible for day to day operations in Barberton's wheel plant and will accomplish manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results while ensuring the safety of all personnel working in or around department on all shifts. This position will be on 3rd shift.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages the activities of assigned employees (including assigned Cell Leaders);
- Conducts training, recommends adjustments to pay, completes performance appraisals and initiates timely corrective action, as appropriate (including attendance/tardiness);
- Places a high priority on coaching employees by establishing suitable goals, action plans and time lines;
- Provide ongoing feedback about the employee's performance;
- Act as a role model and mentor for direction and development of employees;
- Assists in troubleshooting issues interfering with production;
- Assists with problem solving, and utilizing corrective action measures to prevent problem reoccurrence;
- Works on the schedule of machines and set-ups in coordination with Manufacturing Manager and supply chain to ensure that production quotas are met in the most efficient manner possible;
- Works to maintain the quality of the product being produced in the department on all shifts so that product meets quality standards;
- Verifies and dispositions questionable product to determine acceptability while ensuring that all assigned quality requirements are met;
- Coordinates with production to schedule quality inspection personnel to ensure proper quality support;
- Approves and submits hours for payroll;
- Provide administrative support to department and works to ensure BU metric goals are met (Safety, Quality, Production);
- Assists with scheduling of TPM Programs;
- Enters work requests into the MP2 System;
- Oversees 5S activities for assigned shifts;
- Assists the Engineering Department in finding the best possible tooling and processing methods to ensure product quality and process efficiency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years supervisory / management experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited university;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.