At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor for the 3M Purification Division located in Meriden, CT. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Third (3rd) Shift Production Supervisor
will provide supervisory support for manufacturing operations and is responsible for driving safety, quality, service, productivity, and employee engagement.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring a safe working environment through modeling safe behaviors, leading audits and inspections, correcting unsafe behaviors, conducting safety meetings, and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment
- Providing direct supervision to production hourly employees
- Handling shift administrative activities such as time and absence reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, etc.
- Evaluating employees' performance and provide feedback
- Driving continuous improvement in safety, productivity, quality and cost
- Planning daily work schedules, determine priorities, allocate work assignments, and regulate production processes in order to meet specific daily production requirements
- Championing lean manufacturing efforts and projects
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree from an accredited university
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software Tools
- Experience in medical, pharmaceutical, or food manufacturing (cGMP, ISO 13485)
- Ability to drive and influence change and lead cross functional teams
- Training and/or experience with SixSigma and Lean Manufacturing
Location: Meriden, CT
Travel: May include up to 5% travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.