Shift Details: 1st Shift 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue.
Job Description & Duties:
The Production Supervisor supervises production activities for the Inserting Group.
- Directly supervise subordinates to perform day-to-day tasks to provide timely and quality production in efficient manner.
- Coordinates with employees to meet projected schedules; monitors progress and updates management; resolves day-to-day conflicts that could jeopardize the work;
- Oversees work performance to assure specifications are met; and generally keeps production running in a timely manner.
- Maintains close surveillance to assure scheduled work flow and best utilization of people, skills, and equipment.
- Works to continually improve quality and output.
- Requires dedication and focused concentration for extended time periods.
- Satisfactory performance requires broad skills and abilities and good knowledge of manual assembly high volume production technology and methodology as well as good understanding of company products and operating concepts.
- Stays abreast of the latest production techniques and company products by reading trade journals, attending training sessions and seminars, business meeting, and trade association meetings. Spends the majority of time in the assigned production work area resolving work issues.
- Training of employees is an on-going responsibility and requires coaching, cross-training, and continuing assistance.
- Sometimes works with confidential data requiring care to protect.
Education & Experience:
- 2 - 3 years of direct industry experience (Inserting)
- 1 - 2 years direct supervisory experience
- An associate degree in industrial management or related is preferred.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Requires broad skills/abilities and very good knowledge of manual/assembly production tech. and methods.
- Good skills in communications/writing; professional manner/tact dealing with others.
- Requires good organizational skills/ability to stay in control and maintain even handed approach while working with continually changing multi tasks in a deadline work environment.
- Walking, standing, sitting, and the use of hands to process work and use keyboard.
- May on occasion exert or lift up to 25 lbs.
- Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. It contains representative duties and necessary information to define the job classification within the job structure.
A little about us: