At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for the IATD Plant located in Springfield, MO. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides appropriate training and instructions to employees on standard and new operating procedures. Reviews, updates and communicates product standards. Ensures a safe working environment through formal inspections, correcting unsafe behaviors, safety meetings, and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment. Ensure employees receive training as specified. Provides effective communication to employees through crew meetings, electronic mail, etc. Completes housekeeping audit and job safety analysis on a regular basis. Participates in the site emergency squad activities.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a production area which may be on a rotating shift basis. Provide direct supervision to production employees such as operators, Lead Operators, Trainers, etc with responsibility over multiple Work Centers throughout the plant. Plans daily work schedules, determines priorities, allocates work assignments, and regulates production process in order to meet specific daily production requirements. Evaluates employee performance and provides necessary feedback. Utilizes corrective action to resolve conflict and inappropriate behaviors.
- Monitors production rates, yields, and quality of products on a daily basis and provides feedback to employees on results. Organizes and reviews changeovers with appropriate staff to minimize downtime. Addresses production issues such as scheduling, quality, run time, etc. May make process suggestions to improve quality and reduce costs. Implements cost reduction programs to ensure the efficient utilization of labor, materials, and equipment by utilizing Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Applies working knowledge and interpretation of corporate and plant policies and procedures. Handles shift administrative activities such as time reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, etc. Prepares and analyzes production indices for reporting purposes. Monitors and projects material usage to ensure adequate supply.
- Coordinate the activities of outside interests such as maintenance, contractors, visitors, etc. Participate in assigned team functions and projects. Understanding of DOT and Hazardous Material Regulations.
- Provides coverage for other Supervisor's absences, and on weekends as needed.
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing operations experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience in one or more of the following: chemical operations, extrusion, coating and converting
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools
- Skills to include: leadership and/or supervisory experience, effective communications, interpersonal skills, coaching skills, change management, conflict resolution, delegation, goal setting, motivation, emotional intelligence, and strategic planning experience
- Military experience a plus
: Springfield, MOTravel:
Up to 10%Relocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.