Job Description: Production Supervisor-2nd Shift
This position is accountable for directing the activities of a work team in meeting daily production schedules in the assembly/fabrication of sub-assemblies, parts, or units of an assigned area while maintaining a high degree of commitment to production goals, efficiency, quality, and safety standards. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Facilitates and directs team members work flow within the assigned department, including distributing work, disseminating information, assigning team members for absences, answering questions, and resolving problems within the work unit.
- Controls costs within budget levels, minimizing scrap and rework costs.
- Anticipates and reacts to production problems or delays, materials shortages and equipment malfunctions.
- Provides technical assistance for equipment malfunctions and expediting repairs.
- Works with engineering to effect improvements in cost reduction, work simplification, production scheduling, and man hour planning.
- Supervises evaluates and trains the work group. Assists in accident investigation and corrective action.
- Promotes safe work environment and assure employees follow all safety policies.
- Maintains accurate production and employee records.
- Maintains fair and consistent application of all company policies and procedures.
- Utilize LEAN tools to measure and improve the departments Key Business Drivers (i.e. VSM, SMED, 5s, TPM, Kaizen, etc.).
- Other duties may be assigned.
This Notice is being posted as part of the remedy agreed to pursuant to a conciliation agreement between Johnson Controls, Inc. and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Federal law requires that there be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the in individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or genetic information with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
Johnson Controls, Inc. supports and will comply with such Federal law in all respects and will not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law.
Specifically, Johnson Controls, Inc. will not: (1) base employment decisions on the disability or perceived disability of an applicant; (2) make pre-offer of employment medical inquires or examinations; or (3) use the Medical Questionnaire, Tinel's Sign, Phalen's Maneuver, or Finkelstein's tests in the medical examinations of applicants or employees to determine susceptibility to Carpet Tunnel Syndrome prior to any offer rind acceptance of employment. In the future, if any applicants for temporary employment experiences illegal discrimination based on the Company's conduct, such individuals will be made whole for any losses they incurred as a result of such conduct, consistent with legal requirements. Job Qualifications: REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and experience , preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years first line supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software .
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills .
- Demonstrate full knowledge and understanding of production processes and methods, and strong knowledge of safety requirements and standards.
- Basic understanding of materials system.
- Ability to train, organize and supervise the efforts of a work group.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.