What you will do
The Production Supervisor, Second Shift will supervise personnel, workflow and equipment in various production assembly processes. Position requires a continuous level of production floor visibility and is responsible for production output volumes, quality of product, personnel scheduling, cost control, safety and 5S. This role is a career opportunity, and the work will be performed in new, state of the art air conditioned facility.
How you will do it
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently
- Maintains good employee relations through coaching and consistent application of employee relation policies
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals
- Facilitate employee team operations
- Review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Quality and appearance of various products being produced
- Daily consistent production output
- Production efficiency
- Labor cost control
- Must adjust output to production demands and keep lead-time low
- On time delivery (by completing schedules on time)
- Personnel matters- position carries out and conducts performance reviews and disciplinary matters (with HR Mgr)
- Position is hands on with entire day spent in the plant, checking hourly production progress and QC/appearance checks
- Monitor and control scrap
- Follow and maintain all implemented procedures
- Must know and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse housekeeping and 5S.
- Perform these and other comparable related duties as instructed by management.
- Participate in all High Performance Team functions
What we look for
Required Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of two years of college desired, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- 3 years experience in a supervisory role
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computer sales software; Outlook Internet software; Pricing software; Microsoft Programs, such as Excel Spreadsheets and Word Processing software.
Preferred Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.