Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
- will be responsible for providing application support and development of application management tools for a variety of data warehouse and information delivery applications.
- must build and maintain strong partnership/relationship with business stakeholders, application development personnel and infrastructure contacts.
- must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work collaboratively.
- must also work independently on projects and manage concurrent tasks.
- Provide day to day application support for multiple Enterprise business applications
- Develop tools to pro-actively monitor applications and automate application support activities
- Prioritize, analyze and troubleshoot application issues
- Review application release notes to stay current with modifications to assigned business applications
- Continually identify ways to improve application support
- Deliver a high level of customer service to all users
Qualifications Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 yrs. + experience
- Experience working in Unix/Linux/Windows Environments
- Knowledge and understanding of various application infrastructure components like databases, middleware (MQ,etc), networks
- Knowledge and experience of N-tier architectures in an Enterprise environment
- Knowledge and experience working on Cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience working in adherence to ITIL processes.
- Proficient in scripting, SQL, Java and Windows technologies
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development methodology
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.