Power Systems, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Production Support Operator – 3rd Shift located in Waukesha, WI – North Street Facility. 3rd shift hours are 11pm-7am Monday through Friday with option for overtime on Saturday & Sunday.
Prepares, collects, and distributes to operators all materials required to wind coils. Performs a variety of direct and indirect tasks to optimize product flow and maximize the productivity of the coil winders.
1. Collects and distributes wire, insulating paper, leads, and other necessary materials needed to wind coil orders.
2. Verifies that issued materials are the proper size/part number and checks for damage and proper quantity.
3. Returns all unused materials to their designated locations insuring that materials are properly marked so that inventory accuracy is maintained.
4. Must be familiar with the stockroom locating/stocking system and how to gain access using department PC and the SAP system.
5. Operates paper sheeter machine to cut insulating paper to specified length sheets.
6. Sets up and operates the paper slitting machine which cuts rolls of paper for coil winding operation.
7. Operates several machines for sizing, cutting and drilling materials used in the winding process. Assembles kits for coil orders and fills bins of stock coil materials.
8. Turn tests coils and verifies they have been wound per the winding sheet.
9. Cuts aluminum and copper leads.
10. Assembles metal and box forms as required for daily secondary winding production and stores forms after use in their proper location.
11. Based upon pressite production orders received, determines sequence and grouping of part numbers to be produced in order to maximize efficiency and minimize scrap. Uses four-bar slitter and band saw to cut and crease pressite.
Must be able to perform all of the duties listed above with acceptable quality and quantity. The incumbent in this position must be well organized, have good communication skills, and be persistent in the face of obstacles. This position has primary responsibility for optimizing product flow throughout the department and maximizing the productivity of coil winding personnel. This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and to constructively interact with fellow employees in satisfaction of their needs. This position involves collecting the specific types and amounts of materials from coil winding stocking points and delivering to each machine operator to minimize operator downtime. Parts vary from lightweight lead wire and paper to wire barrels weighing up to 700 pounds, requiring lift trucks and overhead
cranes to move. The operator may operate several machines including paper cutter, shears, turns tester, and freight elevator. Must be able to read and understand winding sheets, use a micrometer, use network based computer programs, accurately maintain records and obtain a forklift license. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repetitively, use micrometers and
calipers and be able to read a tape measure and perform basic math skills.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
•High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
•No relocation is being offered for this position - only candidates within a 50 mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered.
•Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
•Must have one year of experience working in a manufacturing environment
•One year of experience operating fork trucks, stackers, assisted lifting devices, and overhead cranes.
•One year of experience using digital order screens and using a computer to print order sheets.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.