We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers
Kerry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics. Description and Responsibilities
If you are looking to join a company with advanced career advancement opportunities and cutting edge food processing technology, then Kerry is right for you! With over 45 plants across North America and actively growing, and with a wide product and customer portfolio, Kerry is one of the top organizations to work for. We currently have two exciting Production Lead opportunities located in Mecca, CA. This plant is one of five plants within our Kerry Cereal division with approximately 60 employees onsite. The shift would be Monday through Friday either 12:00pm - 8:00pm or 8:00pm - 4:00am. Responsibilities include:
Quality, Food Safety and Sanitation Responsibilities:
- Serves as a Technical Leader for the facility reporting to the Production Supervisor
- Coordinating and Leading the hourly production and packaging team on a daily basis
- Coordination of activities, utilization of staff & materials for the Production process
- Interacts with the production and packaging work force to ensure Safety, Food Safety and Quality expectations are met or exceeded
- Drives Operations KPI goals
- Drives and identifies cost reduction opportunities
- Stands as the Facility Subject Matter Expert in regards to all Production and Packaging equipment and processes
- Responsible for the leading, delegating and monitoring of Production and Packaging personnel tasks
- Efficiently execute the production schedule
- Develop and maintain effective SOPs in collaboration with the Site Leadership Team
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the plant Production department
- Communicate and Enforce All Regulatory & Kerry standards within the plant
- Make decisions based on performance to KPIs
- Support All operational efficiency initiatives
- Promote a Positive working environment, driving a Continuous Improvement Culture
- Work in collaboration with the HR/HSE Manager to ensure a safe working environment
- Work in collaboration with the QATM to ensure a Food Safe working environment
- Responsible for Ensuring product is being manufactured to specification
- Responsible for minimizing losses
- In the event of absence of another employee, with the same skill level, will assume the duties and responsibilities
- Communicate ANY Food Safety, Quality, and/or Workplace Safety issues/concerns to Management
- Manage up to 10 direct reports and two food production lines
- Maintain a high level of Quality, Food Safety, Housekeeping and Sanitation
- Maintain a high level of GMPs and Coach personnel who fail to meet expectations
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and Quality of the product, processes or quality systems
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
Qualifications Essential Supervisor experience: minimum 1 year Production experience: minimum 1 year Desirable Communication
- Maintain a Safe work environment for all personnel, through communicating and submitting work requests
- Ability to initiate action when there are concerns for employee or equipment Safety
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to employee or equipment Safety
Must possess the ability to communicate verbally, read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, work requests/orders and standard operating procedures, in English.
English/Spanish - Read, Write, Communicate and Translate. Education and Work History
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited Institution or a combination of education and experience in the Food Industry.
AS/AA from an accredited Institution preferred
Previous experience in manufacturing position or specific industry related, high speed and volume food manufacturing, in a leadership/supervisory role preferred. Certifications
Forklift, Boom lift, and/or Scissor Lift Certification.
HACCP Certification Technical
Mathematics and Analytical skills.
Reasoning and Problem Solving Skills.
Basic Compute skills - Office 365 knowledge and understanding.
Continuous improvement understanding.
Knowledge of Lean manufacturing methodology and Terminology.
Ability to Plan and Execute technical projects assigned, without direct supervision.
Must have at least one year of experience within a production environment'
Must have minimum one year of supervisory experience
MATH - Ability to create and compute formulas & percentages, and interpret graphs.
HACCP/Food Safety experience.
Experience in food, chemical, or
Pharmaceutical industry; Safe Quality Food Other Skills and Abilities
Strong multi-tasking skills.
Communication and interpersonal skills.
Team leadership and development.
Skills in motivating, coaching & influencing others.
Must be local to Mecca, CA. Relocation is not offered. Good Attendance
Attention to Detail
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.