At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Team Lead for the 3M Columbia Facility located in Columbia, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
Provide leadership and support to the assigned department in areas of production, training, and documentation. Provide both technical and production support for process development and improvement. Provide full working knowledge of processes within your assigned work area(s). Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following: Safety :
- Report headcount and provide support as needed in event of evacuation or call to safe areas
- Lead and maintain the plant, department and workgroups efforts in safety and housekeeping
- Provide safety guidance and lead by example for proper use of all various powered industrial vehicles (PIV).
- Active involvement in 5S activities for the department
- Manage all hazardous wastes in compliance with RCRA requirements. This includes labeling all hazardous material; ensure proper materials are in each drum or other container
- Assist in monitoring and analysis of a variety of day to day production issues
- Conduct initial evaluation of equipment issues
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunction issues
- Lead execution of process control
- Identify improvement opportunities and initiate implementation
- Address pitch by pitch quality, service and flow interruption issues
- Communicate within teams and appropriately across shifts
- Use current documentation and problem solving techniques to lead operators in the analysis of potential failures
- Participate and/or lead daily Tier meetings
- Assist in monitoring work-in-process and keep the shift supervisor / other leads informed of the status of workflow
- Assist the supervisor to guide proper work assignments
- Promote teamwork and team building efforts
- Escalate issues as needed to insure quick and appropriate resolution
- Responsible for assuring process documentation is current and utilized at all times
- Lead operational excellence programs
- Perform operator duties as required
- Provide leadership and maintain an understanding of the process and documentation in the work center
- Train operators using process standards and documentation
- Be subject matter expert in work area
- Will not administer HR corrective action
- Will not enforce but will be aware and communicate appropriate resources for HR policy changes or interpretation of existing policies
- Assist supervisor with scheduling of department
- Support department personnel on identifying/preventing quality errors
- Monitor and facilitate training and certifications for department personnel on identifying and preventing quality errors
- Full understanding of product and process specifications within assigned work area
- Report quality information in appropriate format as directed
This position will require:
- Understanding of Lean principles such as visual controls, pitch tracking, standard work and 5S
- Perform other job related duties as requested by supervisor
- Follow all safety rules
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- 3rd shift: 11:30pm - 7:30am
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum  year of production/manufacturing supervisory or leadership experience
- Previous experience in Lean manufacturing methodology
- Previous leadership experience
- Post high school education
- Strong computer/keyboard skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Skills include strong public speaking, communication and ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization.
: Columbia, MORelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.