At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Production Team Leader for the Stationary & Office Supplies Division within the OSP Focus Factory located in Hutchinson, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Production Team Leader will provide supervisory support for manufacturing operations within the plant and is responsible for driving safety, quality, service, productivity, and employee engagement. Crewing will be a Fixed Nights (Sunday - Thursday) structure with weekend coverage as part of a rotation with the area Team Leaders.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Respect every individual and lead with humility.
- Drive a safety 1st culture at all times.
- Coordinate staffing and communicate scheduling expectations to meet customer demands.
- Assist production with quality issues (or equipment issues) to maintain quality product/material for our customers.
- Utilize resources to resolve process, maintenance, equipment, technical and personnel issues to maintain the production levels to meet the customer orders.
- Provides leadership in the coordination and execution of training in the area. Ensure that employees receive safety training to maintain compliance and maintain a safe work area.
- Approve and close production reports to ensure production reporting accuracy. (in areas where applicable)
- Ensure administrative services such as audit standards, vacation planning, overtime, etc are implemented and documented appropriately.
- Recognize, document and help resolve any safety or ergonomic issues to maintain a safe work environment. Complete safety incident reports as necessary with follow-up to maintain a closed loop on safety.
- Continuously monitor housekeeping to ensure 5S is maintained throughout the area.
- Respond to emergency situations appropriately
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Administer disciplinary corrective action (warnings, written plans, or suspensions) to resolve personnel issues.
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing or production experience (private, public, government or military)
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined supervisory and/or leadership experience (private, public, government or military)
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with hazardous materials
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Self-directed and detail oriented
- Ability to create, lead and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to drive and influence positive change
May include up to 5% travelRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.