At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
Production Team Members will be responsible for the operation and monitoring of process equipment to make roofing granules. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position may require:
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Following operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Working effectively within a production work team and collaborate with other teams
- Contributing to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Maintaining neat and orderly conditions in area and help maintain and promote safe conditions
- Operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Operating processes according to procedures
- Taking appropriate action when unusual conditions occur
- Using hand and power trucks
- Using computers as needed to run process operation
- Monitoring other operations and works cooperatively with others
- Performing non-routine tasks when required
- Working a fixed shift
- Working a 2nd shift
- Working extended hours
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working in varying climate conditions
- Working at heights
- Exposure to outdoor elements
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum six (6) months of manufacturing or construction related experience
- Minimum six (6) months of previous experience operating Power Industrial Vehicles
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing or construction related experience
- Basic computer and math skills
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to recognize malfunctions and equipment failures
: Pittsboro NCRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Team Member position at 3M Pittsboro. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Team Member openings occur at 3M Pittsboro for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.