Responsible for the production of parts meeting print and specification requirements. Also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment. Must function in a variety of duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Supervisor. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Operation of assigned equipment following standard work to include loading inputs, e.g.; wire, headed parts, etc.
- Perform statistical process control measurements and calculations. Complete forms or computer entries regarding those measurements and calculations as required.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks which ensures the work area is neat, clean, orderly and adheres to 5S principles.
- Accurately and thoroughly prepare daily production reports and forms.
- Participate in identifying, implementing and communicating improvement opportunities in assigned work tasks.
- Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks.
- Enter electronic maintenance requests for machine repairs.
- Participate in setting and achieving team and individual productivity and quality targets.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Alcoa Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED
Prior experience in a manufacturing environmentPreferred Qualifications