The Praxair Production Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of an Air Separation Process at our Garfield plant in Magna, UT.
This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production processes.
Production Technicians must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and be able to work with minimal supervision. Plant Techs must be available for call outs. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1.) Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at their plant location
2.) Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes.
3.) Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and process control valves
4.) Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment, electrical components, and production processes
5.) Plan and execute operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plant(s)
6.) Purchasing of materials and/or services such as contractors
7.) Monthly plant billing, documentation, reports, and other administrative duties ADVANCEMENT
Praxair has advancement opportunities for employees who demonstrate advanced skills in plant operations and have a strong sense of ownership. Safety performance, successful operations, and proven leadership are required. Advancement can lead to careers in Technical Support, Management, Engineering, Safety, Sales, and other positions. WORKING CONDITIONS
The Production Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job. Additional activities for this job are:
- Drive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and up to 8 hours on occasion.
- Perform office work requiring computer work and other administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed stone on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, and working from elevated positions
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work.
- Lifting 5 to 15 LBs loads performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 LBs loads intermittently.
- Lifting 45 to 75 LBs loads occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers, and similar hand tools
- Use of power tools such as drill and saws
- Use of volt meters and calibration devices
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation calibration)
- On Call is rotating. Must carry cell Company Cell phone and laptop for immediate availability.
This is a salaried non-exempt job. The starting salary will depend on experience and other qualifications. Praxair offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, and life insurance. Qualifications: EDUCATION
High School Degree required
Associate's degree in a technical field preferred EXPERIENCE
2 - 5 years of experience in any of the following fields is desirable but not required:
• Air separation or similar complex process control function
• Instrumentation and control
• General maintenance of industrial equipment
• Compressors and compressor maintenance
• Industrial mechanical maintenance
• Industrial electrical or electrician
• Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
• Military technical fields
o Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians, Boiler Technicians, Cryogenic Technicians. SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
Committed to Safety and compliant with established procedures
Dependable and honest
Troubleshooting and diagnostics
Use of volt-ohm meters, calibration devices, and data collectors
Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
Computers, Microsoft applications, FIX 32, and process control computer systems
Maintenance and compliance documentation
Communications, both verbal and written
Quality controls, analyzers
Organization and time management
Safe Work Planning
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.