Accountable to operate and control process units and all components in a safe, efficient and environmentally acceptable manner. The Production Technician is part of a team responsible for safely operating production units in full compliance with safety, reliability, quality assurance, environmental and government programs, and daily customer requirements.
The position makes and implements operational decisions meeting customer requirements based on full awareness of viability, safety, cost and other benefits. The Production Technician is results-oriented with good interpersonal, computer, and team-based skills, and can demonstrate understanding and use of P&I diagrams, written procedures and policies, and problem solving in their daily work. This individual exhibits safety leadership in all aspects of their job.
- The Production Technician continuously monitors and proactively checks the operation for efficiency, and strives to anticipate problems before they occur.
- The position is also responsible for assisting with the coordination of work requests, work permits and equipment isolation; following each work project through completion to ensure safe return to normal operation; and providing front-line communications to customers and facility management on product and process conditions.
- Operates units to continuously supply products in quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
- Accountable for adherence to all Corporate and Plant Policies
- Maximize reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers.
- Keeps and maintains all necessary production logs and records. Generates reports as required.
- Uses professional judgment for operating the facility safely, reliably, and efficiently at all times.
- Accountable for use of SOP’s to start and stop major equipment and processes to prevent unnecessary process delays and maintain operational consistency/reliability
- Continuous review and comments on SOP’s in order to provide guidance in procedural updates
- Allowed and expected to make process decisions within specified boundaries established by plant supervision.
- Maintains the highest degree of personal safety and environmental accountability at all times.
- Accountable for reviews and follow-up & corrections of HWP and Confined Space permits
- Communicates all deviations/incidents and questions to plant supervision in a timely manner
- HS Diploma; Associates degree preferred
- 2 years Production Operations experience or equivalent industrial experience.
- Working extended hours and/or weekends, holidays and call-ins may be required.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.