The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking a Production Technician in Whiting, IN.
Under the routine direction of supervision, you will be responsible for a variety of complex operations and duties in a production environment.
This position is responsible for operating the equipment associated with multiple Hydrogen reformers, a CO2 removal / liquefaction plant, and various distribution systems.
Duties will include:
- Adjustments to process variables
- Startup and shutdown of process equipment
- Preparing equipment for maintenance work including lock-out tag-out
- Correctly and safely permitting maintenance work
- Monitoring equipment performance.
- Responsibilities require 12 hour shift rotation, on-call periods, and scheduled overtime.
- HS Diploma; Associates degree preferred
- 2 years Production Operations experience, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Working extended hours and/or weekends, holidays and call-ins may be required.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.