Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensure all company procedures are understood and followed.
- Perform documentation as required and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) procedures.
- Operate, perform machine adjustments and maintain all equipment to meet quality and safety regulations.
- Set-up and process the preform molding machine to the optimum conditions and make sure the machine is operating under validated parameters.
- Assist maintenance personnel in minor troubleshooting.
- Ensure that Preventive Maintenance (PM) work orders are performed routinely on the preform molding machine.
- Assist in machine change-overs.
- May be assigned to special projects and assignments.
- Participate on Process Management teams.
- Conduct GMP audits to ensure that the department is "audit ready" at all times.
- Monitor production to schedule and direct labor efficiency.
- Initiate and review all production documentation for completion and correctness.
- Communicate effectively with department personnel and with all the support groups.
- Complete required training as assigned.
- Will be required to complete first 5 modules of Paulsen or equivalent training.
- Comply with plant environmental health and safety regulations.
- Lead the daily Tier I department meetings in the absence of the supervisor.
- Lead shift and report shift performance in the absence of the supervisor.
- Enter scrap, downtime, and production in applicable computer systems.
- Complete communication pass down sheets from shift to shift.
- Assist with validations for new processes.
- Assist the Quality function with training and quality checks.
- Operate forklift and maintain forklift certification.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Requires High School diploma with 2-3 yrs experience as a Technician I or previous mechanical experience or AA/AS degree with 1-2 years related experience.
- Pervious experience working with controlled documentation is a plus.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to motivate and promote team environment to lead continuous improvement projects.
- Good mechanical aptitude. Additional technical skills and training a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to formulate plans and solve problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of EHS procedures to include Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
- Note: this is a 12-hour shift from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. per scheduled days that alternate every other week.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Activity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Position requires audiometric testing and hearing protection.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to reach above shoulders.
- Ability to maneuver in tight spaces.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.